Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Time can never mend, The careless whispers of a good friend

A true best friend, I believe, knows when to tell me the truth and when to color it to protect my fragile ego. Above all she is always on my side cheering and rooting for me.

A complicated juggling act, but that's what friends do.

Even when you fall on your face due to your own carelessness, a friend should first pick you up, dust you off, and embrace you as you sob. He should never kick you when you're down by admonishing you for your stupidity. There's plenty of time for that later.

It is when these closest of friends disappoint, that love turns to anger. The ultimate test of the friendship, however, is if it survives the anger and turns into acceptance and resolution.

There's that magic word again, acceptance.

No comments: